.

.

Sunday 8 March 2015

A new folk adventure

I'm disappointed with myself. After Cristmas I went only one time to the dance class and I saw that I had already backlog. I didn't know the new steps... And, as I hadn't other dance experience before, I didn't know mobilize me, convince that it was nothing, that I could catch up. I gave up...

Happily, there is a new opportunity for me to still have a contact with Polish culture, folk culture too. As you remember, I study Spanish philology and I love my studies, belive me. However, always when I talk with my latin and Spanish friends I realize that they know a lot about their culture and that I don't know answer their questions about my country and my language. At the University I read and learn all the time about Hispanic world. I consider myself a person who is very involved in the classes, so in the house I spend my time in talk in Spanish, know more facts, dates, curiosities in the field of my interests. And when is the time to know my own culture?

For this reason I decided to start a postgraduate studies in teaching Polish to foreigners at the same University, but in other department (how you can guess, it's the Department of Polish and Classic Philology). The inconvenience is that I should pay for every semester... But I don't care about it. Fortunately, I have a job and my parents don't have to pay it instead of me, I always knew I didn't want they to help me in it. I'm sure it will be an awesome adventure. On the one hand, I can explore the Polish grammar, learn how to teach it (many people ask me to teach them, but I have no bases to do it, it is not enough to be a native) and on the other hand, I will have classes of Polish literature, folk dances, maybe history... All the subjects I think I neglected a little bit in the high school.

I know I want to teach Polish to foreigners for many years and finally me dream come true!!! :) The first class will be in the last weekend of March. After, the group will meet every two weekends.

Other folk adventure starts!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Well, that's certainly an ambitious project. You can imagine how difficult Polish must be to speakers of non-Slavic languages. Good luck then, and don't give up :)

    ReplyDelete