.

.

Sunday 15 March 2015

Let's know Poland and Polish for the WYD Cracow 2016

First of all, I want to tell you I got a message from my new carrer's dean's office with some info about the first meet. It will be the 28 and 29 of March. I knew it would be like that, but... It astonished me that the classes take up a whole day! Saturday they last from 8.30 a.m. until 19.15 p.m.! With some rests of 15 minutes... Great :D The names of the subjects are also interesting for me. I don't know if I'm able to translate them well. Polish language among languages of the world. Grammatical system od Polish language against the background comparative. The icons of the Polish culture - literature. For me, it sounds great, really! :D

The official logo of the WYD Cracow 20216
And now, let me talk you something about an activity which maybe pushed me into thinking about the career I just start. In July of 2013, in Rio de Janeiro, the pope Francis said to youth of all the world that the next World Youth Day, in 2016, would take place in Cracow, Poland. You can imagine how much it made me happy! My country will be flooded by believer of different continents showing theirs faith, being testimony that God is love, that Jesus Crist rised from the dead for me, for you, and we can go ahead despite your sins, because he had overcame all the sins before we commited them.


For this reason, with some friends we decided to prepare a blog in different languages where we describe Poland, our language, traditions, gastronomy, patrons saints. The main objetive was to help to the pilgrims to know the culture of Poland and give them some instructions of what to do, how is more easy to organize themselves here during the event. The fruit of our early involvement is this site: 

www.wyd2016-polska.blogspot.com

You can find it also in the right part of this blog. Actually, I said "early involvement", because now we don't have time to still write there. My last post is from the end of August od 2014... It was like a flash in the pan. I really would like to publish more texts (I'm responsable for the version in Spanish, of course), but I have got too much duties at the university, in my job... I just hope the posts already published will be of use for somebody :) It was a nice experience, we colaborated in group, we invited other people to write and we promoted the blog in other pages and in Facebook. In this way I knew foreigners from Peru, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela and other countries of my interest. Nowadays we exchange opinions, know ourselves more and more, and, of course, we wait together for the WYD. We hope meet in Cracow! :) This project teached me that all the good you give, will come back with double power! :) From the people I knew I got more that I gave (it was especially thetime necessary to write). I recommend you to do something that nobody demand you. You will see it's fantastic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment