.

.

Thursday 28 May 2015

Folk is in fashion

Did you realize that lately it's quite popular to wear clothes, to have jewellery, bag, watch or school accessories patterned upon folk elements? And I'm talking not only about Polish folk, but also about the Mexican, for exemple. Maybe there is possible to find folk motifs from other countries or cultures (from Africa?), but they aren't so spreaded, well-known or direct. Mexico is one of the most famous nations with rich past and everybody recognize and associate it immediately with the mayans and the aztecs.

Two weeks ago I went to Cracow and I was surprised that there people cultivate so much the tradition of manufacture folk stuff, the majority hand-maded. Necklaces, earrings, skirts, neckerchieves... All that things are so beautiful! And so expensive! Haha! Of course, the price depends also on the fact that in the Old Town of one of the most visited Polish cities are a lot of foreign tourists that can pay for souvenirs like that. But on the other hand, I always remember that the money I spent in the local products stay in my country and give the possibility to the small entrepreneurs to develop. For this reason... I bought some pretty things that I hope hang on more time than their Chinese equivalents ;)

In general, I like folk motifs and I have more and more folk gadgets, if it's a good word. I just want to put you some photos. Maybe they will show you how awesome is our folcloric art and encourage you to acquire one of this.









No comments:

Post a Comment