.

.

Friday 3 April 2015

My other folk preferences

Although I am Spanish linguist and I love latinamerican world and music, I have also other interests. In the topic of the music I'm quite open and try to find good points of everything I'm listening to. 

Thanks to my parents, since I was a child, I really enjoy Russian music. My mum has a CD of Alexandrov Ensemble, the official army choir of the Russian armed forces.


And, of course, I can't ommit the dance! You all should know it: the famous kasatschok. I think every Polish recognizes it and tried to dance like that, especially the boys.


Other influence I owe to my mother is that I like Greek music. She did me see the movie "Zorba the Greek" and then said that the dance that all the people know about didn't have the name of Zorba, but sirtaki. I remember that when I was 8, she took me also to the National Opera in Warsaw to see the ballet with the same title. Please, look at this video. For me the most surprising thing is that I know all the music they put...! Without want it, it's the inffluence of my mum, definitely. She went to Greece and left her heart there. And before did us fall in love in Greece too! :)


The last type of folk music I would like to mention is the Chechen dance that I saw thanks to the Polish mass media. It's so amazing!! So lively and, at the same time, difficult!


There are so much diversity in the world! Every one of us could enumerate me other three or four dances or genres that inspire you... From India, China, Denmark, Hungary, wherever... Conclusion? Our lifes are too short to discover everything :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! You've MADE me feel like watching Zorba again! :) It seems your mother MADE you watch very good things, though I can't help laughing when I look at the Red Army Choir, to be honest ;)

    ReplyDelete