.

.

Saturday 8 November 2014

There is a new muscle on my thigh!

One of the most difficult parts of my dance class is the warm-up. Maybe it sounds ridiculous, but it is not. The reason? Our warm-up are ballet steps and positions! I was surprised that we look about it, but it turned out that ballet is the base of everything we learn and will learn of folk dance. So let me introduce you a few details of what I practise every Tuesday and Thursday.

First of all, there are five basic positions which allow to do the basic steps.


We almost stand in the third position, but the other four are very important. The fifth make me wobble always! It requires that the legs be very streched, that's obvious, and the mines it is not.

Now, we can pass to know the essential terms. The steps or techniques I knew are: demi plié, grand plié, jèté, frappé, grand battement, relèvé, sauté, passé, battement tendu, battement jèté, rond de jambe par terre and changement. It's possible that I forgot some names, but I should confess that until now I won't able to remember this french nomenclature! I just need to absorb it like a vocabulary to the French class. The truth is that I know French, but I have the right to not understand it when somebody say french words with polish accent, right? Fortunately, in the Internet there are a lot of videos. They help me associate what we do in the class with the terms as such. Have a look of one of them:




Thanks to the steps with "plié" which mean "to bend" (standing leg or legs) I really sculpted my thighs! I discovered I have other muscle I didn't feel before and it's the vastus lateralis muscle. I just hope that in one year I will fit in the same size of jeans! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment