.

.

Sunday 6 December 2015

Brisas del Titicaca

In Lima I went with some friends of my boyfriend, Fernando and Rosa María to a show of folk dances of Peru. The association that make it possible is Brisas del Titicaca (Breezes of Titicaca lake). It was a pleasure be there! Apart from see the show we ordered delicious pachamanca with pisco, the national alcohol that tastes like vodka but is made from grapes. The drink we exaclty orderes called pisco sour is pisco with lemon juice and white of eggs.

With my boyfriend, Rosa María and Fernando in the dancing floor

Drinking pisco

I only introduce this place because in base of what I saw there now I can share it with you and say you about other dances that Polish people have never seen. I will start with festejo that is the unique one with African roots. Nowadays some modern artists use it like a base of mixes, for example with electronic music.

 
The primitive version


Mix of festejo and electronic music, very trendy nowadays

Other dance I want to present you is saya. I had known it after I went to Brisas del Titicaca. In the family I was living with, Sarahit, the daughter, told me about her experience in primary school where she performed with her group exactly this dance. I found interesting a detail that she commented me. And it's that the skirts of the girls are very very heavy, although they seem short and light. They have a few parts made of metal! And the dancers should move them all the time! Sarahit recommend me a song she likes a los "Soy caporal".

Sarahit and me in Plaza de Armas, the principal plaza of Lima
 Rosa María and me with saya dancers


The last dance I would like to show you is danza de las tijeras (dance of the scissors). The dancers don't have real scissors in their hands. What they hold is two pieces of the scissors, bigger that the normal size, and not so sharp. They use them like an instrument. The choreography is complicated, unrepeatable, in my opinion (and I haven't a lot in common with the dance, almost no practice :P ).

Rosa María and me with the dancers of danza de las tijeras


I know what you will say: that I love put videos in my posts! :D That's true, in my opinion the videos are the best samples of cultures faraway that we can't see, touch or experiment by ourselves, directly. So, relish them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment