.

.

Monday 9 November 2015

Such a funny dance!

It's a good moment to change the topic, so this time I will present you a folclorical Peruvian dance called HUAYNO, that in Spanish sounds like Polish ŁAJNO (the English translation is DUNG)... Yea, but it has nothing in common with animal excrement... I'm sorry, I started with the bad side, but the truth is that this similarity introduces a humorous element. And it's good, because huayno is very joyful dance and when you see the people dancing it, you just can't stop laughing or, at least, smiling. They are enjoying so much!

So the stage version, with folclorical cloths is like in this video:


It looks good, basically it's jumping and hitting the floor with your feet. This movement is called ZAPATEO, from zapato - shoe. I tried to learn it with the video below, just have a look if you want to try. It's quite tiring for your legs, but when you catch that, it's a pleasure to dance!! Because if you don't know this step, you can only jump from one leg to the other :D But it's nice too, it's always a good beginning.


Ok, and now just see the popular way of dance huayno :D It's a totally improvisation! But they feel so free when they dance... It surprised me!


As you can see, there are no couples. You can dance lonely, with somebody of your sex or not, or in a circle, with your hole family. Normally you don't hold the hands of others. I saw my boyfriend's family dancing like that and I fell in love, definitely! I also danced in the middle of the circle listening to my favourite song of huayno, "Qué linda flor" (What a beautiful flover).


When I danced, my Peruvian friends immediately considered me a part of their family, hahaha! It's a pity that I can't practice in my flat... If you read my blog from the beginning, perhaps you remember I have a neighbour that hates noise, so I have to be as quiet as a church mouse...

Now I only introduce the topic of dance, although huayno is the most representative one, I think. See you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment