.

.

Monday 1 December 2014

Don't suffocate, please

The title is a request of Marta, one of my friend from the dance class. Yes, I remember it very well... We were excercising the oberek in pairs. There are no enough boys, so many times the girls dance with other girls. During a lot of classes I didn't feel firmly in this dance and for this reason I tried to concentrate on do good the steps. I was so concentrated that I didn't realize I was clasping the neck of my friend and that she was feeling a little of pain...

Then I undestrood: the dance is not only the steps... In my own experience I know that it's a pleasure to see a dance show, but only if the people who is performing express their emotions. You can see them in their facial expression, gesture and also in if they sing. What I am doing is to prepare me to an art performance where I will have a role, a costume... Maybe that's why I was treating it so seriously?

Lately my attitude changed. Right now I'm quite laid-back, I don't scare to ask if I don't know something, I don't worry so much when I make a mistake, turn in other side I should or loose one or more class, and even I help to learn the steps to two new girls who joined the group recently. I took it easy. Undoubtedly, it's a change I note in me. And it's a positive change :)


No comments:

Post a Comment