.

.

Saturday 18 October 2014

Why folk?

Hello everybody! My name is Magda. I study Spanish Philology at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland. This blog is a type of homework for my English classes, but not only. I really like write and I also have other blogs, in Polish and Spanish. So I just treat it like a pleasure! Of course, it always requires time and concentration, but we have to demand of ourselves even if other people didn't demand of us, like John Paul II said. For me the difficulty will be the language. I didn't have contact with English for three years, so you can suppose the number of errors that will appear here... I really apologize for that and I ask you to correct me!

Now the question is: WHY FOLK? At the blog of my English teacher, there is an invitation to undertake something in the new academic year. I very admire all the people who take care of preserve and show the folklore of their country. That's the reason of why I have always dreaming about be a folk dancer. Finally, after three years of doubt, I made a decision of join Zespół Tańca Ludowego "Poznań" and since 14 October I attend the meetings of the group. I learn steps, meet people and, maybe the most important thing, I overcome my fright. I would like to share with you my observations. It will be something extremely different that I know: not a part of Spanish or Latin America's culture that I'm learing about, but roots of my slavic nation. I hope you enjoy this challenge with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment